Monday, October 2, 2017

The Life of Harriet Tubman

Hi my name is Harriet Tubman , a black woman and I am a slave in the state of Maryland. I was born there and was raised there with my grandparents and the rest of my family, I have different masters' to obey in order not to get whipped by them on my back . Sometimes, I want to fight back know that my grandfather wouldn't like that so I don't fight back with my master.

One day, I fought back with one of the masters' but instead of myself getting whipped my grandfather was near by and took the whip himself , of course late that day him and I had a talk about what happened , we argued back and froth about it until he told me to forget it about and told me to go to bed so I did , but couldn't stop thinking about what would happened if my grandfather wasn't there to help me. Would I get whipped or would I grab the whip and whipped my master back , until the next day I found out that I was going be sold to a different master and I didn't want that to happen . 

So , in the middle of the night I packed my things and left without anyone hearing me and made my way to the under ground rail road to escape and I did it without being caught by anyone . As I was walking from a distance I could hear dogs with men yelling as well so I started to run and as I ran  a woman hide me in her house under the floor but as they search everywhere but couldn't find me so they left . The woman so let me out , so I could continue my journey to the north and out of the south . But along the way people helped me not get caught and sent back to my masters' until I did , I finished my journey that I thought I couldn't make .

Of course , I thought it wasn't right that I left my family be hide so late at night I went back for each and everyone of my family bring them with me to the north where we all lived together along with my child and they'er children as well. That was my life as a black slave and my life on how I escaped along with saving my family in process.


9 comments:

  1. You didn’t finish I don’t think because you ended with but. Regardless of that though I really enjoyed your blog. I was really intrigued you gave us a lot of vivid imagery. It really painted the picture for me , and that’s very important. That’s what kept me engaged the whole time. It set the tone of the story for me. I’m actually form Maryland, specifically Baltimore . When you set thee tone you also gave us the mood that Harriet was tired of being a slave that’s basically the reason she left. You made us really grasp that. I enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I see wrong is the the way you finished other then that i think it was really good. Due to the fact that u wrote the story very well and i could just see the story in my head as i read the passage. i like the way you were building the suspense " As I was walking from a distance I could hear dogs with men yelling as well so I started to run and as I ran a woman hide me in her house under the floor but as they search everywhere but couldn't find me so they left" at that moment i felt relieved

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked reading this blog. You had me hooked into reading more and more. The book must have been hard to read with the way that you are describing the whippings. I like how you make it feel as though you are picturing the scene taking place. It seems as though you are there and are experiencing this first hand and going through it. I had trouble reading the words though. It was a dark background and dark lettering. I could see maybe lightening that up to make it easier for everyone. It was a very well written and graphic detail of the book. If I liked to read I would probably like to read this book based on your description.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked reading your blog I enjoyed it. I like how you started in the beginning. When I was reading it I felt how Harriet was going though, that journey trying to escape from his master and not being a slave because being a slave is not having freedom because serving a master is not good and they still whip you for nothing . I could understand everything you wrote it was pretty good. To be honest you express the story very good. Your blog was written correctly it was easy to read it too. My favorite part I like was about the dogs and men yelling. I enjoy it (((((((((:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love how you wrote the story it was amazing and the story sound so interesting to read. I read a little about Harriet Tubman in social study about how she freed all her family and people and she became a the first black women to be freed and free her family from slavery. I also remember she was in her 90s when she died and people still used the underground railroad to free all blacks from slavery. The story is really amazing i loved how you did it and i would probably have grabbed the whip and throw it somewhere else and run but i would also if i was the master’s wife i would not have let him whip anyone of them or harm them in anyway. I would actually if i was rich i would buy slaves but let them be free on the land to do whatever they want beside in public i would act like i’m being mean and hard on them but don’t really mean it but only do it when other people around that are not family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The above comment was by me V.M.

      Delete
  6. Jayla, good attempt- you write well, but you should proofread your writing more carefully. All your peers enjoyed the content- well done. Missing works cited information and you didn't quite finish this post. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job jayla on your blog I really love how you wrote the story it was amazing and the story sound so interesting to read. I read a little about Harriet Tubman in social study about how she freed all her family and people and she became a the first black women to be freed and free her family from slavery. I also remember she was in her 90s when she died and people still used the underground railroad to free all blacks from slavery. You did really good jayla this made me really want to get the book and read it for myself

    ReplyDelete